Monday, September 8, 2008

What are you wearing

I put the roots on to stimulate my brain
I express the world in these lines
that's how I maintain
I'm passionate about people
The news is passionate about pain
It's so laim to hear some people complain
about what other's would consider to be fame
It's a shame. I wonder how can we change?
How about the economy will it ever be the same?
Will the roaring gas prices ever be tame?
Some parents can't even afford to drive to see their kid's game...

What are some people's purpose?
Do they even know?
Most of them are stuck on a couch watching other lives on a show.
Now, how can they grow?

Some leaders of this country are the blind leading the blind.
Their eyes are open, but they refuse to read the signs.
The most treasured jewel we have in life is time.
Every second, every minute and hour.
It is the ultimate power..
Time is what turns a seed into a flower,
a baby to a daughter,
a son to a father....
We Can make a difference
but most won't even bother.

I feel the meaning of living is to be driven.
It's about playing not losing or winning
We need to play every down like it's the last inning
Everyone should rise up.
This world needs my opinion
I'm trying to teach
I don't mean to be be offending
The reason why there are rules is so that people can bend them
Time is the message I'm sending
Motivation is the hand that I am lending
Class is in session so those wanting change please be attending
Lessons are learned from bridges being burned
We need to stay connected
We need to be concerned
The value of life is what needs to be respected
Not how much money is earned
and now it's our turn......
Every woman, child and man... we need to make a stand..
We need to stand for something
Or watch the hour glass empty it's sand..

It's hard some times to stop this thrashing
I'm admitting to being a verbal assassin
I'm just full of passion
I wear my heart on my sleeve like it's the new fashion..


What are you wearing?

1 comment:

gina marie said...

Inspiring! I am wearing Red White and Blue! And my heart too! (Oh, somebody stop me!!!)