Monday, July 21, 2008

25

Fire and rage pours out to this page
Time tires me as I reflect on my age
Fighting this battle just to be saved
Releasing the courage to stand and be brave
How can I behave when I've been such a slave
Facing the fears of life everyday
Pacing and racing against hands of time
Knowing inside we're just living to die
May 10th, 05, I proclamied to survive
At age 25 to be more alive.
Adolesence leaves me while my man hood arrives
My ambition shifts from 5th to overdrive.
Pedal to the floor to my next destination
Lessons in life prepare me for what I'm facin'
Settle for more, embrace and erase them
Wake up from my dreams, go out and go chase em'
Skies the limit and I know greatness is meant for me.
Destiny is great
I'm a quarter century!!






Eric Vincent Martino
Copyright ©2008 Eric Vincent Martino

2 comments:

gina marie said...

Katherine didn't tell me about your blog...I just clicked on it from her list of blogs. I love it and am thankful you have the courage to share your poetry with the world. I know they reflect the inner-most parts of you...as does the work of all truly great artists. I am adding you to my list of blogs if that is okay.

Gina

gina marie said...

P.S. GREAT name for you blog!!!