Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Pebble in the Road

Running full, ducking time
Searching for meaning in every sign
I date my history in between these lines
This helps bind the rhymes that form in my mind
I Start the day Hustling and begin the grind
Pounding pavement pulling pine
persistently being passionate in my popular prime
I back up and keep moving
I take the punches
I sport the bruising
I won't get choose, cause I do the choosing
Only me against them and there is no loosing.
There are always potholes in life's road
The one less traveled is the one less chose
I trust no one...
I sleep with one eye closed
The one who swallows there pride
is the one that grows.
I care so my sensitivity shows
In life you only get one shot
Sometimes a snap shot is all we got
I have to accept the advice given and teach the lesson taught
Focused now beyound belief
back to reality and never admit defeat
Getting past this road block in life's street
Switching gears to the the mode of elite
It's not enough just to know
It's how I handle this pebble in the road..

2 comments:

gina marie said...

Very cool rhythm!

Katherine said...

it's just a pebble.
you're awesome.